50 - 320kg MMC Shock & Vibration Mount
These Large Vibrostop MMC mounts are designed to take between 50 - 320kg of static load per mount, depending on the variant selected. Depending on load, these mounts can start to effectively isolate from as low as 9Hz as the natural frequency of the resulting system can be as low as 5Hz.
Note: VHi Load version not currently available
The MMC is an anti-vibration and anti-shock support specifically for naval use. It is suitable both for protecting equipment from shocks and for the isolation of structure-borne noise and any vibrations generated by the devices themselves.
Its large deformation capacity (up to 57 mm in compression) allows this MMC rubber shock absorber to greatly reduce incoming accelerations in the supported apparatus, even in the case of very heavy shocks, such as those caused by underwater explosions close to military ships and submarines.
During the development of this anti-shock isolator, the MMC was characterised both statically and dynamically and tested in accordance with several relevant military standards (MIL-STD-167, MIL-S-901D).
Further key points:
- Elastomer Material: Natural Rubber (NBR - Nitrile available on request)
- Metals Material: AISI 304 stainless steel
- Very high level of corrosion resistance
- Isolation of structure borne noise
- Considerable attenuation of shock inputs
- Operating temperature: -40 / +80°C (NR variant)
- Excellent oil and solvent resistance (NBR - Nitrile version, available on request)
- Vibration fatigue test to MIL-STD-167-1 passed in 2009
- Shock test to annex G of MIL-S-901-D (similar to STI-MM-305) passed in 2010
- Structural noise isolation test carried out in 2011