B630 Single Bonded Torsion Bush
This type of bush has both chemical bond (inner tube only) and interference fit with the outer tube. The interference fit provides for pre-stressing of the rubber making it stiffer for normal radial, conical and torsional loads. It is not intended for use in high axial loading situations.
One advantage of this bush type is that occasional extreme torsional overloads can be accommodated since the bush will slip within the outer tube under these conditions.
- Bore Diameter (A): 11.2 -0.04/+0.09
- Bore Length (B): 54.0 +/-0.10
- Outer Diameter (C): 25.5 +0.00/- 0.15
- Outer Length (D): 50.8 +/-0.13
All dimensions are in mm.
This part is commonly found on:
- Austin Cars: 12 HP and 16 HP from the mid-late 1940s.
- Jaguar Cars: XK150, MK8 and MK9 from the 1950s and 1960s
Please note: The image is a generic bush of the same family (single bonded)